Thursday, August 21, 2014

Clean Eating Barbeque Sauce for your Late Summer Grilling

I'm not a huge fan of barbeque sauce, especially not the kind that is mostly made up of high fructose corn syrup. So, occasionally, I make my own barbeque sauce with varying results. Sometimes my husband tries it and makes a sour lemon face and has to"fix" it with some sweetener. However, this clean eating barbeque sauce was a winner. I doubled the recipe and added a bit more honey and pure maple syrup (NO Aunt Jemima, please). The result was a thick barbeque sauce that pared very well with grilled chicken and my kids enjoyed it, too. By doubling the recipe, you can have extra for another recipe later that week--store it in the fridge or freezer to use at a later date.

Clean Eating's Best Barbeque Sauce

http://cleaneatingonline.com/?s=barbeque+sauce

Changes: I omitted onion powder and swapped in minced dried onion. I omitted Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes. Using red pepper would have caused :( faces at my table; we don't do spicy food too often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment